DEL NORTE PTSA Senior Scholarship Essay Contest 2017
Five $500 Scholarships will be awarded
How have your experiences at Del Norte High School helped prepare you to be
college ready, future focused and globally aware?
1) Must be a senior at Del Norte High School.
2) Must be accepted to a 2 or 4-year college for the fall of 2016.
3) This application & essay must be completed and submitted to Trisha Sutherland in the DNHS counseling office by the end of the school day on Monday, May 8, 2017.
4) If essay is chosen, scholarship money will be distributed after the scholarship committee has received confirmation of fall registration at a 2 or 4-year college and may be used toward tuition or books.
1) Essay needs to be typed on a separate piece of paper and attached to your application. Please do not include your name on the essay page.
2) Please limit your answer to one page.
3) Recipients will be notified on or before May 22nd, 2017.
Applications not following these requirements will be disqualified.
For questions, please contact Kathy Garriott at email@example.com
DNHS PTSA Nominating Committee Report
The Nominating Committee has met and is presenting the following slate of officers for the association's consideration:
President - Jillian Tribble
Executive Vice President - Susan Sullivan
First VP Membership - Denise Escola
Second VP Programs - VACANT
Third VP Ways and Means - VACANT
Fourth VP Grad Night - Judy Simeroth
Secretary - Kimberly Mitchell
Treasurer - Camha Hoang
Financial Secretary - Heather Ault
Auditor - VACANT
Historian - VACANT
The Association meeting to vote the above into office will be held on June 1 at 5:30p. To see the full report, please click here.
Congratulations to Andrew Park! His Reflections music composition entry has received an Award of Excellence at the 9th District PTA judging level and will now advance to the California State PTA judging level. Good luck, Andrew! In addition, three more of our Reflections entries received Awards of Merit at the 9th District PTA judging level: Jonathan Garcia (Visual Arts), Jason Nguyen (Literature), and Skyler Wu (Literature). Congratulations to all of our talented Nighthawks!
Ralphs Community Contribution Program
To ensure that Del Norte HS PTSA continues to receive the benefits of this wonderful program, you will need to register and/or re-register as quickly as possible. The new term began on September 1st!!
Please go to www.ralphs.com or call 800-443-4438
Step-by-step instructions can be found after going online and clicking on Community, then Community Contributions, then 'Enroll Now'
Thank you for your continued support of The Flock!
Are You A PTSA Member Yet?
It's easy to join!
1. Click here for the membership form, fill it out, write a
check to Del Norte PTSA (it’s only $11 per member),
drop off in front office or mail to:
Del Norte PTSA / 16601 Nighthawk Lane / San Diego, CA 92127
Three reasons why!
1) Provides gifts by financially supporting school-wide programs
2) Your PTSA gives grants and scholarships to Nighthawk students and staff every year!
3) Provide a safe, sober, alcohol-free celebration for our Seniors on Grad Nite!
Thank you for supporting our kids by becoming a member of the Del Norte PTSA family!
Membership Drive – PTSA is the largest non-profit organization that promotes advocacy for all children and youth. PTSA has a powerful voice in Sacramento and Washington D.C. Parents, students and teachers are encouraged to join. $5.15 of your $11 dues stays at the school. This year's goal is at least 400 members.