Del Norte Counseling
DNHS CEEB School code: 054351
Welcome Nighthawks to your Del Norte Counseling site. We are excited to be working you this year! Our mission is to provide a comprehensive counseling program addressing the academic, career and personal/social development of all Del Norte students. School counselors are professional advocates who provide support to maximize student potential and academic achievement. We are committed to our students being college and career ready when they graduate.
- Open or double period on your schedule: See your counselor the first day of school during that period.
- Placed in the wrong class level: Go to all classes on your schedule. Ask your teacher for a schedule change form during that class period, then drop off the completed form in the counseling office.
- Requests to change an elective class: Beginning the 3rd day of each trimester you may drop off a completed schedule change request in the box in the front office. Due to scheduling conflicts and available space, students do not always get their requested elective. Counselors will do their best to accommodate your request and will contact you as soon as a decision has been made.
- Level change: e.g. you have Spanish 1-2 on your schedule, but you need to be in Spanish 3-4
- Open Period: less than five classes in one trimester.
- Incorrect class: incorrect class, e.g. you requested Mandarin but received Spanish.
- We cannot accept requests for a specific teacher, trimester, or period (except for off roll).
- Required grade level courses will not be dropped.
- AP courses cannot be dropped.