Inspiring passion and preparing all students to be college ready, future focused and globally aware.
What is the School Site Council (SSC)?
- Elected individuals (classroom teachers, other staff, parents, and students)
- Governance body for the school site
- Support student achievement through decision making about school planning and budget allocations of categorical funds
How is the School Site Council formed?
- Based on site By-laws, elected or selected
- Each member category voted for by individuals in that category (i.e. classroom teachers nominate and vote for classroom teachers, parents nominate and vote for parents, etc.)
- By law, there must be parity between staff and parents (or staff and parents/students, at the secondary level)
- Within the staff section, classroom teachers must be the majority
- Every person on the SSC receives one vote, including the Principal
- All groups for whom the categorical funds support must be represented. If not represented on the SSC, then the SSC must seek advisement from representatives.
Role and Responsibilities
- Works with Principal to develop, approve, and monitor the SPSA (school plan)
- Allocates categorical funds contained within the SPSA to support student achievement goals
- SPSA must be approved by SSC, LSS, and School Board. Any changes must also be approved
School Site Council Agenda/Minutes
- Please click on the following link for current Agenda/Minutes: https://goo.gl/Qk4TE